- Published on Thursday, 30 April 2015 11:23
- Written by Breanna Bright
We get it, your mom is awesome. Not only did she bring you into this world but she stuck with you through all the screaming, tears, growing pains, teenage angst, college tuition, and the inevitable moving back in with her. Yeah, she’s pretty cool, and while taking her out once a year may not be the most ideal way to say ‘thank you’, it might be good place to start. This Mother’s Day, May 10, take a look at all the eateries that will make her feel like the last 18 years have been worth it.
If your mom is a wine lover check out these local wineries where she can celebrate in style:
Apple Creek Winery in Friedheim has that rustic, right-at-home atmosphere with a wrap-around patio where Mom can enjoy a delicious buffet of Creek Bank Chicken, rustic potatoes, strawberry salad, and dessert all to the musical stylings of the Bittersweet Band. Lunch starts at noon.
Hedman Vineyards in Alto Pass will give Mom a taste of Sweden with not only a beautiful dinner and fine wines but live music by Tungsten Groove. Enjoy the show at 2:00 p.m. then sit down for dinner at 7:00 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 618-893-4923.
Alto Vineyards will be serving their dinner and wine with a side of music. Larry Dillard will be performing live at 7:00 p.m.
At Twin Oaks Winery in Farmington Mom can sit back and relax with free wine tasting to the tunes of Brandon Scherffius set against the beautiful country side. Live music starts at 1:00 p.m.
To enjoy the fine weather and take in the sights of rolling hills and blue skies Crown Valley Winery in Ste. Genevieve is the perfect place to get away, all with fine wines, a free flower for Mom, and live music with Tim Session at 1:00 p.m.
For some fun country swing Bob Dole and friends will be performing at River Ridge Winery in Scott City at 2:00 p.m. After a few glasses of their delicious wine Mom will be ready to get up and dance along.
- With outdoor seating, a rustic aesthetic, and live music by Rumors, Hunter Valley Winery in Cape Girardeau will be the perfect place for Mom to kick back and enjoy herself. Live music starts at 2:00 p.m.
- For chocolate-lovers Chaumette Vineyards in Ste. Genevieve is having a gourmet brunch, and a Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate dessert buffet. Make reservations by calling 573-747-1000.
It’s time to let someone else do the cooking for a change! Check out these restaurants for a great Mother’s Day meal:
For a fun yet elegant meal, Ray’s Plaza Banquet Center will have everything you need to really give Mom a special treat. Their gourmet brunch includes roasted pork, smoked turkey, shrimp, and much more, there’s even a special buffet for the kids, all served in their glamorous ballroom. Make reservations now by calling 573-332-1118. Brunch goes from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Keller’s in the Isle Casino has opened their outdoor seating for the season, enjoy the cozy weather with good food and live music by Greg Halle set against a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. The fun starts at 2:00 p.m.
- Treat Mom to a new triple-layer strawberry shortcake at Katy O’Ferrells after a delicious Irish dinner, it's free with the purchase of an entree. They will be open 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- For something more casual and fun treat Mom to a burger and beer on the outdoor deck at Bel-Air Bar and Grill, now open Sundays noon to 6:00 p.m.
- The Bar in Downtown Cape will be hosting a Mother's Day Brunch, which will feature a special trifle wine glass cake, as well as a variety of brunch food, from waffles to chicken wings.
- For a meal that will leave everyone stuffed check out the Mother's Day Buffet at Great Boars of Fire in Cobden. This huge buffet and dessert bar will be the perfect fill-up for a hard-working mom.
For some moms, a simple dinner isn’t going to cut it. To give your Mom something as unique and special as her check out these events as well:
Dinner on a train! The St. Louis Iron and Southern Railway will take everyone on a 2 hour train ride with a full dinner, vintage fashion show, live music, and a mother-daughter lookalike contest. It will be a fun afternoon she’ll always remember.
- For the Mom who just can’t sit still, the STR Range in Fredericktown is hosting a Mom-a-Thon 5K run to support March of Dimes. This is a women-only 5K that includes and obstacle course and memory walk. There will be an after-party to celebrate! Join the run Saturday, May 9 at 10:00 a.m. Check their website for more details.
- The Nature Conservation Center in Cape County North Park will be having a Mother's Day Tea Party with teas and treats made from leafs grown right at the center. This free event will even send you home with seeds fro growing your own tea plants.
- If your Mom likes leather and motorcycles then take her to Black Diamond Harley-Davidson in Marion Illinois for live entertainment, food, drink, and free roses.
- For a really 'wild' Mother's Day take mom to Lazy L. Safari park. Enjoy the outdoors and see all the amazing animals. It's the perfect activity for the whole family, and moms get in for half price.