- Published on Monday, 13 January 2014 14:50
- Written by Administrator
by Emily Sladek
The weather is (finally!) getting warmer, and it's time to dust of the old car in the garage and take it for a spin. Roll the windows down, crank up the AM radio, and watch the heads turn as you cruise around in your classic ride, or perhaps you would like to take your new model of the classic favorite out for a trip in the bright spring sunshine. Whatever the case, the nicer weather comes the chance to showcase what you have.
Old and new alike can meet up in one of several car shows coming to the area. Here are some of the upcoming events!
- Kick off the car show season at Cruisin' Uptown Jackson on April 13th. Uptown will come alive with nostalgic cruisers as well as special interest newer rides in the fourth season of this cruise in.
- Boomland's Cruzin' for St. Jude's Car Show will take place during the Dogwood Azalea Festival on April 20th. There are special trophies for cars in 5 classes.
- Also, as part of the Azalea Festival, there will be a motorcycle show on Saturday afternoon with a peoples' choice award and trophies.
- Ste. Genevieve's Classic Cruisers will kick off their season of cruises on April 27th at McDonald's. Their annual car show is coming up soon too, scheduled for May 19th.
- The Azalea Car Show in Fredericktown is May 4th (rain date May 5th) and will feature cars, motorcycles and trucks. This 51st Annual event will feature several new and revamped catergories.
- Three Rivers College in Poplar Bluff has a car show in conjunction with their Merchant Showcase on April 20th. The car show features 8 classes including bikes, works-in-progress, and original and modified classes in several categories.
- Waterloo Lions' Regional Eye Care Committee has historically had over 400 entries and the entry fee goes to benefit people without insurance that need eye surgries. There are 35 classes and several special awards as well. The event is April 14th in Waterloo Illinois. (A special appearance by the MAX ATTACK Mopar racing team is even rumored!)
- Murphysboro Cruise nights are the first Saturday of every month and feature dash plaques, giveaways, and theme nights. The next cruise is May 4th.
- Sparta, IL Fire Department will host their annual BBQ and car show May 5th. Dash palques will be given to the first 50 participants, and there will be more than a dozen special awards given including Fire Chief's Choice, Best Emergency Vehicle, and Best Classic.
These are a few of many events flooding our calendars. You can find details about these and more car, motorcycle and tractor events on our Motorcycle and Car Calendar!